Friday, May 28, 2010

Saying Goodbye to another...

Early this morning, my dear Great Aunt passed away. She had been suffering for some time, so it wasn't a big shock that she passed, but still, you can never fully prepare for something like that.

Her daughter, my cousin, is a wonderful artist, and painted this beautiful picture of her mother playing the piano, and in the email she wrote us telling us of the passing, she said that is how she wants to remember her mother, and I have to agree, my cousin did a beautiful job portraying her mother.

I take comfort in knowing she is in heaven with my great-grandparents, my grandmother and countless other family members. I know they are playing the piano and organ and just singing.

I wrote on Facebook about her passing, and about how I wish I had been more disciplined to learn the piano because I come from a long line of amazing pianist. Nobody world renown or anything like that, but still, wonderfully talented people. I will surely miss them.

I wish I had saved some of the pictures from past emails from my cousin, but I didn't. I could kick myself. But, I think that one above is the best way to remember her by.

Goodbye Aunt Ethel. You will be greatly missed. You've touched so many lives, and mean so much to so many people. We love you!
Photobucket
 
Copyright The Negs Relaxin' At Fort Jackson Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs