Thursday, January 7, 2010

Goodbye Sweetie

Later today, for most of you all, my family will be laying my grandmother, Sweetie, to rest next to her parents.

She passed away on Sunday the 3rd or Monday the 4th (I'm not entirely sure of the day, bc it was evening for me on Sunday...) She had been declining for a few weeks, and went from the hospital to hospice house in Atlanta. Steven and I looked at plane tickets for me to come home, but with it being such short notice we didn't have an extra $1100 laying around. I don't know many newly weds who just relocated who do, and my family has understood, but I still feel bad for not being there.

I was born on her birthday, and remember sharing many parties with her as a young girl. I regret not doing it more as an older teenager, young adult. But can't take that back. My fondest memories of her are from when I was little and all the trips we would take. Beach trips, trips to Disney, the mountains, family reunions, and the Atlanta Zoo. I would go with my brother in the summer for a week or so when we were really little, but as we got older we took turns going down. They had this cabin at the Atlanta Yatch Club that we would go spend weekends at and go out on the boat and just chill at the lake. One birthday we got matching aprons because we loved to cook and bake together! We would always make chocolate chip cookies from scratch when I would visit and Granddad would grill steaks and Sweetie and I would make onion rings!

I loved my grandmother very much, even when I neglected to call or visit. They have done so much for me and many days I feel like I've let them down. They were quick to let me know I had let them down. But would always let me know when they were proud.

I will miss Sweetie, but take complete solice in knowing that she is now with God and her parents and brothers.

Please say a prayer for my family as they lay her to rest at 2pm EST on Thursday, Jan. 7.

Thanks...

No comments:

 
Copyright The Negs Relaxin' At Fort Jackson Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs