Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years

We had a very nice New Years Eve at home. We watched TV, Steven played video games, I played Sims 3. It rained, but that did NOT stop the locals and others in our neighborhood from shooting off fireworks all night. And I'm not just talking about fountains and sparklers, but the big kind. We could see them from time to time outside our window, but the good ones we wanted to see were blocked by the big tree and houses. I wanted to watch the ball drop, but seeing as there is a 5 hour time difference we missed it.

I woke up feeling pretty icky Thursday. Figured it was just a bladder infection, went to the store and got some stuff to help. But by Friday I wasn't feeling any better, and we decided a trip to the ER was in order, since we weren't sure where a quick care type place is and it's TriCare - didn't want to end up paying an arm and a leg. So we drove to Honolulu to Tripler - the locals call it the Pink Palace on the hill because it is pink and on a hill and big. I have to go back on the 7th and will take a picture, bc it is quite ridiculous. Anyways, we got there and waited and waited, and then got back and the doc said it was a bladder infection, gave me a prescription and I was on my way. Well Saturday I woke up really early due to severe pain on my left side. It didn't occur to me until after we decided to go back to the ER that it could be kidney stone. I should have known to have them look on Friday when we were there, since I have a history, but I wasn't in pain there. But bladder infections do occur with Kidney stones. Anyways, we went back on Saturday they hooked me up with an IV and some pain meds. They did a CT to check for a stone, and I have one in my left Kidney that is 4mm in size. I haven't ever had a problem passing a stone, so the doctor sent me on my way with another medicine, pain pills and a nausea med since the pain was so bad. The doctor also noticed that I was coming down with a cold. I feel better kidney and bladder wise, but man my head is killing me and I'm conjested.

Steven is doing well, no health problems, and he has been such an amazing doctor! I'm so lucky! He is actually at the mall, his sunglasses got broken on his way to Hawaii from the airline, so he went to buy him a new pair. The sun here is pretty intense. I am hoping to get me some prescription sunglasses soon. I didn't feel like going shopping, so I've been here watching a House marathon. Steven called a little while ago and should be home soon!

Just thought I'd update ya'll! Hope everyone had a better New Years then we did!

No comments:

 
Copyright The Negs Relaxin' At Fort Jackson Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs