Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Crafting

Part of my getting ready for the LT to come home is crafting, I’m making a wreath, and a banner, here is a sneak peek as I’m not wanting him to see everything before he gets home.

I used my Silhouette Cameo for this, and quickly regretted using the hearts w/ holes, as the holes got stuck on my cutting mat, and were hard to get off the mat, other than that, I love them. I just need to buy some Mod Podge, because, how else would I stick all parts together (there are 3…)

home coming 1

I found this wreath on Pinterest, and loved the idea, so I tweeked it for a patriotic themed welcome home wreath. It took 188 balloons, my right thumb hurt for 24 hours after finishing, I finished covering the 16’ wreath in one night, but am talking to someone to make me some Korker bows to pin in there, and then it will be finished. I could probably make my own Korker bows, but I don’t have dowels, but I guess since I need Mod Podge I could get some dowels, but I’ve already asked someone to make them. I think I’m going to try and put the banner inside the wreath, but I think it might be too big…

home coming 2

Anyways, I’m getting super excited about his home coming. I wish I could tell you when he’ll be home, or where he is, but I don’t know either…besides, that’d violate OPSEC…

No comments:

 
Copyright The Negs Relaxin' At Fort Jackson Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs