Friday, February 5, 2010

Chicken Divan

My grandmother who recently passed away would make this awesome dish. It's super easy to put together. Kind of time consuming, but really yummy!

My husband does not like mayo, but when I made it the first time I told him there wasn't any in it. He had no idea. Until he went rooting around the fridge and found it. But I made it again last night using the same stuff, and he didn't complain!

What you need:
4 Chicken Breasts, boneless & skinless
2 cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Cup Mayo
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 teaspoon of Curry Powder (I put a little more)
1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2 12 oz packs Frozen Cut Broccoli (I found a bag in the freezer section, one of those steamers by Green Giant I think, I only got one, but 2 would be best, it's cut in small pieces, the last time I made it I used bigger pieces, we liked the smaller ones best)
1 pack of Ritz Crackers, I use the hint of salt ones

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse the chicken and boil it in water. Cook the broccoli per directions on package(or to just thaw it) and then put it in a 11x7 casserole dish. In a separate bowl mix the soup, mayo, sour cream, cheese and curry powder. When the chicken is done cooking cut in bite size pieces and stir in the soup mixture. Once it is mixed well, place on top of the broccoli and spread it out. Crumble the Ritz Crackers and place on top of the chicken and soup mixture. Place in oven for 30-45 min.

I serve it with white rice.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

that looks so yummy!

 
Copyright The Negs Relaxin' At Fort Jackson Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs