Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 6 and a calling out


So I was told by the husband that I’ve been doing a bad job at this challenge, and that he had been reading it daily…well, way to make me feel like a bitch, =P

So I’m going to TRY and start doing it daily now…so onto day six!


Day Six:

"...whatever ye do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Cor. 10:31b

Do you recognize and appreciate your husband's creativity? Or do you criticize and demean his efforts? Instead of negativity, determine to be positive. Perhaps you can help your husband see that his efforts are an opportunity to glorify God.

Is your husband the "creative" type? Does he have any artistic gifts? What is that special "knack" he has? Affirm him for his handiwork - a hobby, music, gardening, tinkering with cars, working with wood, etc. Remember: Even if he doesn't measure up to your standards, praise his efforts. If your budget allows, buy him a book or magazine that will continue to encourage his special skill or talent.

If you have a hard time finding his "creative side," understand that men's creativity sometimes is related to their work. Find something he does to make his job run more smoothly or something he does that adds value to his work...and let him know that you have noticed.

Make his day...Praise his accomplishments in public, while he is listening.


My husband is in the Army, so I’m always telling him how proud of him I am, and letting everyone who will listen just how proud of him I truly am!

I think I tend to criticize and demean his efforts, but I don’t mean to. I do appreciate the effort he puts into creativity and other things. And I am working on not being critical. It isn’t fair for me to give him a hard time, when I get butt hurt when he pokes fun at me.

He is SO very smart, and in being so smart, makes me feel like I don’t know nearly enough to get by. He might not come out and say I’m dumb, but the things he says make it seem like I am. Even though I know he doesn’t mean it that way, I still get butt hurt.

I do apologize when it happens, but I want to apologize now, too. I’m sorry babe. I love you and miss you!

No comments:

 
Copyright The Negs Relaxin' At Fort Jackson Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs