Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day Two

Day Two:
"...through love serve one another." Gal. 5:13b

How did you do yesterday with your first day of blessing and encouraging your husband? Was it easy? Was it hard to hold your tongue when you wanted to say
something negative? We hope you're off to a good start. (If you blew it, don't give up - start again today!) There are so many practical things you can praise, if you look for them.

Today, find some way that your husband is serving you or your family. Does he help around the house? Take care of the car? Fix things that are broken? If your budget allows, give him a new, small tool with a big bow attached. But make sure he doesn't think it's part of a "Honey Do" list!

Maybe your husband's not a handyman, but does he run errands for you? Let you go
first? Take care of you when you are sick? Help you make decisions? Praise him for his
willingness to serve others. Let him know that you see his unique service as a great
strength.


Yesterday was pretty easy, I might not have written something positive for the whole world, I did on my blog, but I will do something better today…actually, I posted something on Twitter about how sweet and thoughtful he was because he posted a sweet song on my FB.

The main way the LT serves our family is by being in the Army. He makes the ultimate sacrifice for our family, and for everyone else's for that matter. Right now he’s making an even bigger sacrifice being in Afghanistan. And I’m so very proud of him and what he’s doing, and how he’s doing.

He’s also very sweet to me when I’m not feeling well, and always does nice things for me when I am sick. He’ll go get me something from the store if I need it and he’ll bring little surprises too. As I do for him when he’s sick.

He is the strongest person I know because of his service in the military and for the care he gives to me when I’m sick or just need anything. He’s quite amazing actually!

No comments:

 
Copyright The Negs Relaxin' At Fort Jackson Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs