Monday, April 19, 2010

Friends & 4 Day weekends

Hey guys! It's been a while since I wrote an actual blog, and for that I'm sorry. I'm (Amanda) going through a rough time right now, and am spending more time posting on my personal blog. So ok, on to what this post is about, because it is not about how I've been feeling, ha!

Steven and I went to dinner Saturday night with a friend I met through a community on a site called The Blog Frog, her husband is in the Navy, and they are stationed here in Hawaii as well. So we went to dinner with them, it was a lot of fun! They are a really great couple, and I think we'll be doing dinner with them a lot more now! After dinner, Steven and I both got sick. I'm not sure what it was, we both at the same thing, so there is no telling which one of the foods was the reason we got sick. But man, it was rough. The food was really good, so it's a shame it made us sick. We went to this place over at Aloha Tower called Gordon Biersch Brewery & Restaurant(for those in Chattanooga, think Big River Grille.)

By the time Saturday came around Steven had been off work for 2 days, Thursday and Friday were DONSA's (Day of no scheduled activity) and we got some shopping done, some cleaning done, some relaxing, some quality time! It was amazing. We were suppose to have dinner with a guy he shares an office with, but it just didn't work out, so maybe next weekend! Sunday we did NOTHING, didn't even leave the house. Some times, those are the best days! Especially since we had errands to run Thursday and Firday...and we were out Saturday too.

Anyways, I guess that is all for now, just thought I'd give ya'll a recap of our weekend. I think I might start doing that on Mondays or Tuesdays now.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Holly Christine said...

I had so much fun with you guys too! I wonder if it was the desert you guys shared? That sucks it made you sick!

Amanda said...

Or the calamari, or the chicken or steak, hahaha, we each ate off each others plates, hahaha...

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

Dear Amanda,
I came here from the crazy Anderson site. I just wanted to personally thank you and your husband for putting your very lives on the line to keep me - and my children- safe. You are someone who walks the walk and your very lives are lived out in a sacrifice to freedom.

For that, I thank you. Even if it means that the freedom - bought with the blood of Americans and free people - is misused by weird conspiracists and people who hate America. Zsuzsanna CHOSE to come to America and CHOSE to become a citizen - why? Because it is the best country in the world.

Anyway, don't let a hateful, vindictive "pastor's wife" get you down.

Christy Lee said...

Hi Amanda - I just came over from Zsuzsanna's blog. I'm not posting a comment on her blog because she can be rather nasty and I don't care to get into it with her. Thank you for calling her out. And please accept my thank you to your family for your service. Thank God for the courageous men and women who serve our country.
Christy Lee

Tal said...

Amanda...I also came from Zsuzsanna's blog. I generally don't comment on her blog either, but this time i felt it necessary. I don't care if she does reply or not, or what she says. I just felt the truth needed to be told. If she doesn't get it, maybe someone else will. Thank you to your husband. My brother is a Marine, who has served his country honorably as well. May G-d bless you and your family.

 
Copyright The Negs Relaxin' At Fort Jackson Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs