Friday, April 23, 2010

Show Us Your Life - How you met your mate


This week over at Kelly's Korner for Show Us Your Life it's all about how you met your husband/wife. Head over to her site to link up, and go here to see the schedule for future posts!!

So most people know our story, but some don't, so I thought I'd share it. It's going to be picture heavy, so you've been warned ;)



We met on a free dating site called OKCupid, I was on the site for all the fun quizzes and his best friend at the time had set his up for him. Neither one of us was looking for someone to date on the site. So when we started talking in Feb. 2009 neither one of us thought it would lead to much, but once we met in person we both knew it was something special!

He came to visit Chattanooga in March 2009, the picture above is from our first weekend together. We spent every day together that weekend, and things just went from there.

He made several trips to Chattanooga that first month, and I went down to visit him a few times as well.


Our relationship was on the fast track since he was scheduled to move to Hawaii for the Army later that year. And he had to go to Fort Benning, GA and then to Fort Sill, OK for training before then.

Even though neither of us thought it would go anywhere, we both knew from an early time that we would marry, and he asked me to move with him to Hawaii, and I told him that it was way to far to move without some sort of commitment. So we decided around June/July 2009 to get married. At the time he had just graduated and was in Fort Benning, GA. We met in Dahlonega, GA every weekend, except a couple, where once I went to Benning and the other he had to stay in Benning.



By the time he was leaving for Fort Sill, OK I had been laid off, and was going to look for a job, but decided since I hadnt' found one yet I'd go visit him in OK, so he bought me a plane ticket for a week, and I went to see him. I was only suppose to stay a week, but we were late to the airport and I missed my flight, and so we decided to save some money and that I would stay longer. What began as a week long trip turned into a month long trip. While there we offically got engaged, so we started planning. His mother was very helpful in the planning since we decided to do it in Dahlonega. Our original wedding date was Nov. 14, but the Army was not going to allow him to take leave in the hole, so we moved it up two weeks, Oct. 31. I had to go home to help plan, and so I left OK and went home. On his way back to Fort Sill from the airport, it was raining, and he hydroplaned, luckily he was not hurt, however, his car was totalled, so he needed me to drive out with my car so that we could drive back together when he was finished.
While I was back home we found a dress, planned as much as we could, and I even had a bridal shower, and we had webcam dates(as pictured above). Since I didn't have time, I had to take my wedding dress to OK and get it altered there, how I managed to get it done with out him seeing is still a mystery, but we did it. And I found a lady who did alterations in her home, and she did my alterations for LESS THAN $50!!!!





We left OK 2 or 3 days before our wedding. He wanted to drive through Texas, Lousisanna, Missippi, Alabama, because he had never been to Louisanna or Missippi, he doubled our trip. It was very stressful, but we got home in time to meet with the paster, who we had not been able to meet with until then, and get our marriage license, and we also changed my car into his name.

Our wedding was very small, but it was perfect! We were married on Oct. 31, 2009. We went to Atlanta for a couple days for a honeymoon and then drove to Chattanooga to get my things. We packed my things and drove back to Dahlonega, and then that weekend I drove him to the airport and he was off to Hawaii.




Almost a month to the day I was on my way to Hawaii!! Where we have been living happily since Dec. 2009. We rushed the marriage thing, and we taking our time on the children thing. We figure it is something we can take our time on, since everything else happened so fast. Although, we would happily welcome a child right now, we are not actively trying.




Hope you enjoyed hearing about our love story! Thanks for stopping by!!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Asteele said...

I didn't know you guys met on OKCupid! That's where Andrew and I met.

Do people ever laugh when you tell them you met online? I hate when people do that to us!

 
Copyright The Negs Relaxin' At Fort Jackson Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs