Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2 Months Down

So, it’s been 2 whole months since he left. Quite honestly, I miss him so much, and it sucks so much that he’s gone. BUT I’m doing so well with the deployment. I’m staying busy, I’m sending care packages galore and I’m just not dwelling on the fact that he’s gone.

Some things that have made this deployment bearable…

E-mail
Skype

Seriously, I think back to when my grandfather was in the Army, and the times he was deployed, and I have so much more respect for my grandmother and father and uncle for what they went through.

I know I get so frustrated when I don’t get an email or he can’t get on Skype. I know for a fact that I don’t sleep well when I haven’t talked to him in a while. But I just remind myself that we’re so lucky to have the technology to Skype and email, and that helps, but I still don’t sleep well. Because I worry.

He doesn’t tell me much about what’s going on there, and I’m glad, I don’t want to know specifics, I think it might make the worry and the sleepless nights worse. I just know that he’s safe, and that he’s healthy. I thank GOD for that.

So, here is to 10 more months…let’s hope I’m still doing this well in a few months…

No comments:

 
Copyright The Negs Relaxin' At Fort Jackson Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs