Monday, May 16, 2011

Care Packages & Bin Laden

So I took 5 boxes to the post office for the LT Saturday. It was the first care package I’ve sent him. We’re already into the 2nd month of the deployment, and he had things he needed. A whole list of things, and it took 5 flat rate boxes to send everything, and I even kept some things behind for other care packages. I should have taken pictures of my back seat. I not only had 4 boxes for the LT, but 1 box for my very best friend, and another box for my friend’s husband. Then when I was inside the post office I made 2 more boxes, 1 for the LT and another for another friend (that was more of an envelope though.)
Most of ya’ll know about Usama Bin Laden and that he was killed, which is good. One less bad guy. What people don’t seem to understand is that just because Bin Laden is gone, doesn’t mean the war is over. And the guys aren’t coming home early. People and their ignorance just kills me. Like why would they come home early just because 1 of the bad guys was dead? They didn’t come home when Saddam Hussein was captured and then killed, so how would this be any different. Bin Laden and Hussein were just part of the problem over there. So pulling troops out now, would be a mistake, in my uneducated opinion. I’m not scholar or political figure, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but that guys over there now are still in danger, and they still have a mission to accomplish.
Anyways, not much going on here on the home front. I’ve just been super busy. We found out his tentative R&R dates, but of course I can’t say. We are looking forward to the time together, and are planning to take a little time and go to another island. I can’t wait to hug and kiss him. I miss him so much!
lt and mrs 2

No comments:

 
Copyright The Negs Relaxin' At Fort Jackson Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs