Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wedding Challenge 9 & 10

9. the ceremony and reception: where was it at? show us some pictures! what day did you get married?

We got married at my husband’s church, on Halloween. It was a Saturday. The reception was in the same place. The church is very small and we had less than 100 people. Mostly family. We had a memorial for my great-grandparents, and my husband’s baby sister. Instead of a unity candle we did the sand ceremony. Also, instead of just my father giving me away, we had a special part where all our parents welcomed each of us into their families. We both come from divorced families, so it was something nice to do to combine the families.

memorial 3me 3his familynegley n gibson 2my familynegley voccio adamsmy brother put smiley faces in our sand, LOL!sand 1
10. the cake/food: i love food. so tell me about what you had at your wedding!

We had the best cakes ever. I was so happy with them. We had finger foods mostly:Shrimp cocktail, Chicken Nuggets, Meatballs, and some other stuff, that I can’t remember, LOL! I showed the cake lady a picture of a cake I loved, and she did an amazing job making one like it. I also wanted to do a surprise cake for the LT, and I knew he was Field Artillery, so I had her put the cross cannons, I was wanting to do a cannon cake, but she was unable to make it, and that was okay. My cake was chocolate and white (alternating tiers) and his cake was strawberry.

cakestevens cake

No comments:

 
Copyright The Negs Relaxin' At Fort Jackson Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs