Wednesday, April 3, 2013

1 Year Ago


April 1 marked 2 years since Steven left for Afghanistan, and today marks a year that he's been home!!


Waiting for them to get there, I am NOT good at waiting!
 Things have been good since he's been home. We stayed in Hawaii for about 8 months after he got back, and now we're in South Carolina. And hopefully he won't deploy again, at least not for a really long time. Right now he's in a job that is non-deployable, and hopefully in August we'll find out if we're going to Oklahoma, where he'll be non-deployable for at least 6 months.

That first hug was AMAZING!
The deployment wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. But I think it helped that I worked the whole time he was gone! And I had some awesome friends! And we didn't have kids. So I only had to worry about me, and how I was feeling, rather than how my kids were handling their father being gone. Sure I had my moments, and I absolutely missed my husband more than anything. But I went into the marriage knowing this was something that was going to happen. Sure that doesn't make it any easier to deal with, but it keeps you in check when you start to feel sorry for yourself, and complain about it. I knew what I was getting into, and I agreed to this lifestyle. And this lifestyle is not for everyone!

He's home! And my awesome decorations!

 I made some amazing friends while he was gone. We had so many awesome get togethers, and girls nights, and dinners, and just hanging out. People I could go to if I got overwhelmed, people who wouldn't let me get overwhelmed! I sure do miss my ladies! I have met a few ladies here, but none of them have compared to the ones I met in Hawaii. I think they set the bar way too high!! I do like the ladies I've met here, and I look forward to getting to know them better, and meeting more!

Had to get a picture with the sign I made!

I'm really looking forward to what the next year will bring. And I'm sure whatever it is, we'll come through it with flying colors, like we did the deployment. And the move.



Thanks again to Taylor at Nine3Oh Creative (or her FB page

No comments:

 
Copyright The Negs Relaxin' At Fort Jackson Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs