Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Menu Planning Confession





Head on over to Jane or The Young Retiree to link up, 
or find some awesome new recipes or meal ideas!


I have a confession to make, I've been a menu planning failure. The last 2 weeks have been really hectic, and crazy. We've had some family issues that have affected (or is it effected) me and rocked me to the core. The week before last we left for Chattanooga so that threw Thursday and Friday off. We came back on Sunday, and so I moved what we were going to have to Monday & Tuesday. But Tuesday things took a turn, and I just could not cook, physically/emotionally could not cook. So I moved Tuesday's meal to Wednesday. Which then messed up the rest of the week, and then Friday I decided I didn't feel like making Chicken Divan, so I decided to do chicken nuggets and french fries, but the Hubs never came home, so I ate alone. 


Monday: The Hubs had a PT test Tuesday morning, so he likes to eat Pasta the night before. So I made Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti, which I was suppose to make last week, but you know...it was pretty good, aside from the fact that I baked the chicken too long and burnt the bottoms, luckily it was just the bottom, and we could remove the crispy part, and it was fine! 

Tuesday: Filet's wrapped in Bacon. (I found them at Walmart yesterday when I was picking up Monday's dinner) It is one of the Hubs favorite steaks. We are LOVING those Parmesan Potatoes from Foodraf, so I'm going to make those and some fresh green beans.

As for the rest of the week, I'm not sure, but I think I'm going to give menu planning a break...I might be back later this week with what we'll have.



No comments:

 
Copyright The Negs Relaxin' At Fort Jackson Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs